All current families will be given the opportunity to register for the upcoming school year in January each year. Open enrollment for new families will begin the first week of February and all available spots will be designated using a lottery system. The beginning and ending dates for new enrollment and the date of the lottery may vary from year to year but will occur during the month of February.
In order to secure a spot the registration must be completed and the registration fee of $125.00 must be submitted. If there are no available spots you will be placed on a waiting list.
Termination: The school reserves the right to immediately, without prior notice, withdraw a child from the school on either a temporary or permanent basis if:
1. The child’s behavior endangers the physical or mental health of the other children.
2. Tuition and/or other fees are late.
3. The parents fail to abide by school policies and procedures.
4. The child is repeatedly picked up late or left at school sick.
5. The program is unable to meet the developmental or special needs of the child, as determined by the Director.
6. The child fails to adjust to the school, as determined by the Director.
7. Current health forms, or other required forms are not provided on a timely basis.
Tuition is collected using an auto deduct payment system set up through Chesterbrook. Tuition payments will be deducted on the 5th of every month September through June.
Chesterbrook UMC Preschool & After Care follows Fairfax County Public Schools regarding early dismissal, delayed opening and closures. In case of closure for the day, the website will be updated by 6:30 am the day of. If Fairfax County opens two hours late, there will be no before care or preschool classes and CPAC will open at 12:00 pm for all after care students. In case of early dismissal, the website will be updated and a blast email sent out to all current families with at least two hours of notice. Chesterbrook UMC Preschool & After Care does not make up any days missed due to inclement weather.
Please check the website if there is ever any issue regarding inclement weather.
Sick Child Policy
Guidelines For Sick Children: Please keep your child home from school if he or she presents any of the following symptoms:
- Upset stomach
- Vomiting within the past 24 hours
- Diarrhea within the past 24 hours
- Fever of 100 or higher within the past 24 hours with NO MEDICAITON
- Unexplained or contagious rash
- Sore throat
- Ear ache or headaches
- Pink or red eye(s) with or without discharge
- Sever cough or thickened and/or colored nasal mucus
If your child becomes ill during the time he/she is at school, that child will be isolated and you will be called to pick them up.